We go back a long way...
*Click photos for more information
Park of the Pines is a church-owned campground since 1920. It is situated on 24 acres of mostly wooded land, with three terraces and 623 feet of frontage on Lake Charlevoix. Situated 4 miles northwest of Boyne City, it is owned by the Community of Christ and administered by the Michigan Mission Center. It is suitable for children's camps, weekend retreats, and a variety of other uses, including weddings, family reunions, and is available for camping and group activities as the schedule allows.
Camping is a tradition at Park of the Pines.
When the Park held it's first family camp (reunion) there were no buildings so even the worship services were conducted in a big tent. It was not until 1923 that the first building, the Auditorium, was built. People camped and took care of their own meals while at Park of the Pines events. These events attracted more than 300 people.
Camping is still a big attraction at Park of the Pines. There are 82 campsites. Next to the lake is reserved tents and pop-up campers while the "upper terrace" is for larger RV campers. Sites by the lake have electric hook-ups. Sites on the upper terrace have electric and water hook-ups.